Saturday, June 16, 2012

Thinkin' Bout the 4th

This morning we are getting ready for another adventure with Regina and her children--breakfast at 'The Pancake House' and then photo shoot of her adorable kids downtown! I'm excited to start picture taking again!

I have been taking time to catch up on orders--Lee's schedule in the Spring and then pageant season really just did a number on me!!!! But I so have appreciated people trusting me with their projects! Last night I was contacted about a patriotic OOC--4th of July is my FAVORITE holiday, so I am super excited about that! I also may be making 2 lace button on suits for a 3 year old photo shoot! How exciting is THAT! LOVE lace on the boys!

The fourth is my favorite holiday because of growing up in Huntsville. I remember so many fun times when I was a bit older. Lee and I were dating at one point and he had friends over and we all rode in his truck to the river, parked on the side of the road and went to the big field around the pavillion and watched fireworks over the water--so cool with all the boats in the river and hundreds of families, people, children, couples watching too. Ha--I even remember what I was wearing and the cute pictures we took together--if only we'd had Instagram back then! Then one time a guy I dated in college took me on the river again with his family and friends; the dock was all lit up with dangling lights, great drinks, fun company! The river was just so memorable!

Then the year Lee and I started seriously dating he took me downtown for the 4th and bought me my birthday presents early since he was possibly deploying before my actual birthday in August. We went to Tybee for lunch and I got sick and had to RUN back to the pier to use the bathroom--I literally had to force myself in front of a line of about a hundred women, lol--just my luck. That night we sat on the wooden ramp to the beach and watched fireworks and then got caught in traffic and almost ran out of gas on the way back to Savannah.

Then the last 2 Fourth of July's my friend Baylee and I have spent together...sadly we may not get to continue our tradition this year--but we had so much fun the past 2 years. I miss her so much! We have had the most fun on long pointless car rides--since high school! The year before last I was flying back from Mississippi family and didn't go on my connecting flight out of Atlanta so we could ride together to Savannah; we got lost in a horrible part of Macon and didn't think we'd make it home! The next year we went to Mississippi and watched fireworks on the water and had so much fun with my family reunion! We also went to 4 different Victoria Secret stores for the semi annual sale...If people knew how much we'd ACTUALLY spent they'd think we were nut jobs! I hope she has a great Fourth this year!!!! I wish we could celebrate together! Who knows--maybe I'll find a way to bring her back here :)


ON to pancakes! I made a batch around 9 PM last night to prep my taste buds for this morning! Here is a GORGEOUS picture of my angelic baby boy from a few days ago, and my friend's son Baker!!! He has the cutest expressions--but he's terrified of me; he starts trembling and crying :( he'll learn to love me i hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment