Monday, December 10, 2012

2 Gluten Free Made ahead Dinners

I am so proud of myself for preparing two gluten free dinners this morning! In just 4 days I feel so different eating this way! I'm not bloated or feeling yucky...I'm not deprived, and everything I have had is delicious!

The first meal we are having tonight. I am making a meat loaf that I will serve with mashed potatoes; the Idaho Spuds brand--says 'Gluten free' right on the back of the box, and last time I made them Lee said how good they were...he will never know they are out of a box!

Meat loaf:

1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage
1 lb ground beef
1 cup Plain Oats
1 tbsp Mrs. Dash onion and herb seasoning
2 tsp parsley flakes
1 egg
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder

In food processor blend seasonings and oats until finely ground.

With your hands combine sausage, beef, egg and oat mixture until evenly blended.

Press into loaf pan.

Bake 350 degrees until cooked through out!

OPTION: add 1/4 cup brown sugar to mixture...I would love this but I'm trying to save calories.

Meal 2.

PESTO SAUCE

Nicholas helped me make this one. In a food processor I blended about 1/2 cup dried basil flakes, 1/2 cup corn oil, 1 small package walnut pieces, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp pepper. I just blended until smooth and even. Now this is in the refrigerator--tomorrow I'm making some quinoa pasta shells and buying a rotissere chicken and serving it with the pesto shells on side! YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment