Sunday, September 2, 2012

Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins

I actually found this in an old 1983 Southern Living cookbook and made a couple substitutions to make them sugar free and added the fruit! The first ones I made I used similar ingredients but they didn't rise well--and I love fluffy muffins! This recipe actually calls for honey rather than stevia/splenda so if you like honey or do not like artificial sweeteners, try that OR Agave negtar! YUM!

2 cups wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 egg
3/4 milk
1/4 oil (I use sunflower)
1/4 cup Stevia/Splenda
1 cup blueberries

Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, then stir in wet to the dry mixture.

Add blueberries last, gently--don't crush them. Grease your muffin tin--I use a healthy omega spray or PAM.

Their recipe calls to bake for 20 minutes at 400, I always bake at 350 until done...My oven gets hot and I'm a cursed baker--I always burn it or it's raw if I am not solely baking, which in my ever multitasking life never happens!




No comments:

Post a Comment