Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Traveling Home and Going Paleo

We just got back from a 9 day trip back to our hometown in Alabama. For 4 days Lee and I hiked the Appalachian Trail with his father--phew, that was exhausting and not what I expected, and then on Saturday Lee's surprise welcome home party went wonderfully! He got to see nearly all his high school buddies! We spent Sunday on the boat, and Monday we got a couple's massage and headed back to our lil' house today.

Tomorrow I plan to begin the Paleo diet...not sure how long I'll stick with it but hey, i'ma try! I ran a LOT back home; love the hills there--it's beautiful here, but so FLAT! Though the heat kicked my butt! I can't wait to start really adding on distance when it cools down next month--ok, IF it cools down next month!

I LOVE pancakes so tomorrow my first paleo meal will be Almond pancakes made with Almond flour!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Paleo pancakes are much more delicate so make them small, mb the size of a good size cookie. My girls love them made from coconut flour w/fresh blueberries, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised! Good luck

    ReplyDelete