Sunday, August 19, 2012

Ravioli Soup--quick and easy


I have been DYING to try the 'Ravioli and Vegetable soup' Recipe in the Latest 'Food Network' Magazine. I am SHOCKED at how good it is!

I made a couple changes--because I am lazy, and couldn't find the greens it called for--so I did the offered substitution (spinach), and I had no fresh time, so I used powdered thyme spice; I used purple onion instead of yellow,  a mozzarella parmesan mix for the cheese rather than just parm, AND I changed up the broth/water ratio :)

1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 c purple onion finely chopped
3 stalks celery--thinly sliced
3 carrots sliced
1 package ravioli--I used a bertolli frozen cheese ravioli
2 cups chopped spinach
1 tsp thyme
salt and pepper
mozzarella/parmesan shredded cheese
1 32 oz container beef broth (recipe says you can also use vegetable broth--for vegetarian or lighter taste/color)
2 cups of water

1. Heat oil and saute onion, celery, and carrots until tender/onions and celery are translucent
2. Add broth and water and heat to a boil
3. When boiling add ravioli and turn down heat to simmer; simmer until ravioli are tender/done but not mushy
4. Add thyme, salt and pepper
5. Gently stir in spinach until wilted
6. Serve in bowls hot and sprinkle cheese on top

It's AWESOME

No comments:

Post a Comment