Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fried Chicken

Today I decided I would make fried chicken--old fashioned, home made, Crisco in the skillet, shake it in a bag of flour--fried chicken.

I did legs--to be easy for my first attempt...and Lee doesn't know I used whole wheat flour...In the flour I put a bit of garlic powder--FAIL, I should have added salt and pepper, too.

I also should have made sure the chicken legs I bought were not slightly frozen..it was a pain to keep checkin that they were cooked through!

However, it was yummy! We ate it with sweet potatoes...ok honestly I was dying for mashed potatoes...but let's be carb conscious.

My birthday was sadly average...I guess that happens as you age :( it's just another day of the year! We went to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch--which they gave me a complimentary cupcake...but I should have gotten the queso not the spinach dip--it was bland yesterday...but their salad bar is always divine! I don't know what I want for a gift yet...but Lee bought himself a lawn mower and a weed whacker today...typical man...a gift that functionally benefits me--we are no longer the neighbors people hate living next to because of our weeds and overgrown grass allowing mosquitoes to breed--but I definitely didn't envision myself receiving that for my birthday.

I am currently working on a GOREOUS silk dress...red and white...I can't wait to finish it tomorrow!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment