Saturday, October 6, 2012

Cheesy Tomato Soup for two


I'm desperately trying to get back on track with my low carb diet--that's when I like my body best and do indeed feel my best! My advocare supplements are helping curb that crave though so I know I will get there soon! Today I wanted a NO CARB LUNCH; my friend's son's birthday party was this afternoon and I knew there would be tempting treats--if I had NO carbs early in the day I could have a couple if I truly wanted them!

SO I made this; I love tomato soup and it's even better with grilled cheese--which is great with pickle spears...butttt no bread...SO i added the cheese to the soup and decided to add the gorgonzola for some 'bite' to the taste...delicious--and even a bit pretty! It was also super filling...almost like a chowder!

What you need--

1 medium pot
Imersion blender or food processor

1/2 stick butter
1 can diced or crushed tomatoes
1/4 block cream cheese
1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese crumbles

Optional garnish
shredded cheese of choice
parsley flakes
Pickles on the side

DIRECTIONS

Melt butter, add cream cheese and crumbles and stir to soften; turn down heat

add can of tomatoes and stir together

blend with immersion blender or pour into blender/food processor and blend

Serve with cheese and parsley flakes on top; pickles on the side

**you could thin it out with another can of tomatoes, milk, or chicken broth if you wanted it to go further or be more 'soupy'

if you are not low carbin' it add croutons!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment